Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Music at Snipes Farm "In and Out of The Garden We Go"


"In and Out of The Garden We Go"
June 10-11, 2016

I was really excited to cover this one, since I hadn’t been to a Grateful Dead anything since 1995. I’m not the type of person that likes to go out in 90°plus heat for 10 hours. However, this I was not willing to miss.

I guess I should tell you that I’ll be getting my Medicare card soon, along with a lot of other deadheads. So that fact was not deterring me. There were many others of my type at this festival, but the thing that really surprised me was...it was a family affair!
It was three generations of family affair!

There was a father who was wearing a full “Indian headdress,” that went right to the ground. He was bending over talking so sweetly with his four-year- old daughter as they walked off to buy ice cream. It was a wonderful thing to see three generations dancing, singing, playing, and just hanging out on a beautiful summer day for 10 or 12 hours to enjoy what for me…was a blast from the past.

There were food vendors and food trucks with what seemed to be reasonably price, if you did not bring your own faire. In addition, there were craft vendors: tie-dye, candles, incense and all those other cool things you would expect at an event like this.

It was a two-day festival and Snipes Farm had accommodations for camping out Friday night. There were people sleeping in anything from a pup tent…to pop up, pop out… air-conditioned campers. Ahhh those deadheads, that people said would never amount to anything. But I digress.

The lineup of music went from… can’t sit down, got to dance... to let me just sit here and stare at all the cool special effects lighting, as some obscure instrumental (to me anyway) is being played.

Also, in the tradition of any Grateful Dead festival there were no incidents.

And a good time was had by all!


MLP
(Mary Linda Perry is Trenton 365 Contributor who enjoys good food, good company and good conversations)

https://soundcloud.com/trenton365/sets/music-at-snipes-farm

The following images were captured by Kevin Duddy































































The following images were captured by Amans Brindled










Have a listen to my chat with Patchwork Pandemic




















































No comments:

Post a Comment