Monday, October 26, 2015

PEI Kids 10th Annual Wine & Food Tasting Event


 October 2015

PEI Kids is a non-profit organization based in Lawrenceville NJ with a focus on Children.


The Mission Statement reads:
 PEI Kids is dedicated to promoting and maintaining a safe environment for all children. PEI Kids works with the child, family, and caregiver to provide prevention, intervention, and advocacy programs relating to personal safety, sexual abuse, and the overall well-being of the child.

The organization operates in several categories:
  • Prevention Education
  • Intervention Services
  • Support Services
  • Workshops & Support Groups

This organization focuses on the Mercer County Region however they make it a point to be known that they will not turn away a child!

I was unfamiliar with the organization before my friend Jesse Elliot took a position with the organization as the Developmental & Public Relations Coordinator.


I met Jesse several years ago through a friend who is an entrepreneur in the Trenton NJ region.  He suggested that I meet this young man whom he thought was very special.  After meeting and spending time with Jesse I knew he was the type of young person every city going through a “renaissance” needs; civically engaged, believes in community, educated at a higher level, appreciator of arts & culture, action driven, family focused etc.  So when Jesse contacted me and said he was looking for a gig at a local non-profit and would I be a reference I said for sure! 

My relationship with the organization continues to grow as I volunteer on the committees that organize two annual fundraising events, a springtime “Dinner & Auction” and in the fall season a “Wine & Food Tasting.”


In closing my relationship with PEI kids is growing because of my relationship with Jesse that developed because of a suggestion from a respected friend.  I hope this encourages you to share your thoughts with others, to support the efforts of someone and to get involved in the process of making the community better.

Have a listen to my interview with Roz Dashiell the Executive Director and Jack Donnelly who volunteers on the committees with me.




A few Trenton 365 “On Location” Images from the 2014 Wine & Food Tasting Event


A few images of the 2015 Wine & Food Tasting Committee prepping for the event.















Here are several images from the 2015 10th Annual Wine & Food Tasting Event at Landmark Aviation located at the Trenton Mercer Airport and links to my chats with some of the Vendors.

Gene Maddalena of Maddalenas Cheescakes
https://soundcloud.com/trenton365/gene-maddalenas-cheesecake

Diana Schneider of Direct Approach Aviation
https://soundcloud.com/trenton365/diana-schneider-direct

Kevin Walsh of Gallo Wines
https://soundcloud.com/trenton365/diana-schneider-direct

Debbie and Mike Raab of Tea For All
https://soundcloud.com/trenton365/debbie-and-rob-raab-tea-for








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment