Monday, November 18, 2013

Dowlings Smokehouse & BBQ


Trenton365

Map to Dowlings Smokehouse & BBQ
On my travels to and from my hometown of Ewing Twp. I always enjoy seeing new development.  After visiting a new fitness facility (more on that in a later post) I saw a small "a-frame" sign advertising BBQ on Parkway Ave at the North Olden Ave intersection.

I am one of the many people who enjoy BBQ all year round.  This includes pork, beef, turkey, chicken and the usual sides like macaroni & cheese, baked beans and coleslaw.  Unfortunately the Trenton/Exit7A Region of NJ has a poor track record with supporting BBQ restaurants.  Well folks no need to head to Philadelphia, North Jersey or out of Mercer County, we have a new one!


Dowlings Smokehouse & BBQ




Lunch

Now I know the national restaurant chains do BBQ Ribs and Pulled Pork seasonally, but this is NOT your seasonal BBQ.  If you are looking for the sweet, honey/sugar/molasses infused sauce covering the meat you will not find it here.


You will however find the traditional smoked BBQ.  This is a takeout spot but "good" BBQ travels just fine.  I would suggest calling ahead for your pickup order.  They have specials and soft drinks as well.

The prices and portions are good, food as well but the friendliness of the staff will win you over.  Make sure you mention you heard about Dowlings Smokehouse & BBQ from Trenton365.


Manager Walter with my lunch


Beef Ribs with a 2x side of Macaroni Salad for the customer ahead of me


The "Chef" showing me the fire!


I would be this happy as well!




Walter letting me see inside the "smoker"
View inside the "smoker"


They also have desserts





A few of the images on the walls showing Dowlings Smokehouse & BBQ friends.





Yes they will travel!





A sample of the smoked turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment